Monday, May 13, 2013

The First Step


A couple of years back, I write almost every day, about almost everything. It was not because a lot has been going on with my life, but rather because of the lack of progress. You see, back then I didn't have full control of my life. A lot of things held me back from where I wanted to be. I was miserable.

I marveled at the power of pen and paper (seriously, I used pen and paper back then) that somehow alter the reality I dreaded so much. With these two instruments I write off the past and plan for the future. I was god in my own world. I had this going for a long time until I got jaded and lost every bit of inspiration in my body. I suddenly couldn't write anymore. The inspiration I thought I had turned out to be just plain desperation. I wanted to escape, and all I had was my imagination. And everything I created stayed just that, imaginary. I submitted myself to the thinking that I am not the one to decide where life will take me, and to just let life write my story for me. So I marched on, not knowing where to go. I was young; I had a lot of time to get lost. It was fun for a while. It was thrilling to not know where you are headed. There were a few times tough, where I thought I had everything figured out. I thought I was finally on the right track. Perhaps because some people made me believe I was, but a voice that I just can’t ignore tells me I’m not.



Starting over is not easy. I’ve come to accept that I have wasted a good half a decade of my life running in circles and I’m tired. I am also not getting any younger and I can’t stay lost forever. So I guess it back to the drawing board for me. I am hell-bent on fixing my life because I found inspiration. This time, I know it’s the real thing. I have a path to follow now. And I am taking my first steps towards a wonderful journey. And this blog is to chronicle it. Where am I headed? I don’t know yet, but I have good feeling that when I get there, I am going to love it


No comments:

Post a Comment