Monday, July 14, 2014

Oz

Nothing's really different. I have already decided that I am his long before he realized he wanted me. But hearing the words he said last night, somehow it feels like I've just been transported to a parallel universe where everything is possible. It's not an unfamiliar situation. I've been through this countless times. Perhaps too much that I am afraid it would end up exactly like the rest. But I'm hoping this time would be different. And I kind of feel that it is.

The past weeks I've been carried away by a whirlwind of emotions similar to the tornado that rattled the life of young Dorothy. What was once in black and white, the world suddenly felt more colorful now. I now see everything glowing with promises in a new light. I even got to discover some parts of me I've never known. I find that just like the Scarecrow, I want to be wise to always know the right thing to do. Just like the Tin Man I hope to be granted a heart big enough to store all the emotions I feel right now. And like the Lion, I need courage to not chicken out and to stand by what I want for once. I'm hoping that when I finally get to meet the Wizard he'd be generous enough to give me all that. If not, then I hope the long journey on the yellow brick road would help me learn everything I need to know. 

I just hope he has enough patience to stay with me on this journey. I know how difficult I can get.. hopefully he'll stick around long enough to get a refill from the wizard once I've drained his supply of patience dry. And if possible even longer.. I know for a fact that we have a very strong chance of ruling our very own Oz. Looking around, it seems like I'm in a totally different world. But looking at him, I feel like I'm home. 

So Dorothy, I hope you know how to rock those ruby slippers. They're all yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment